Friday, September 18, 2009

Why wait


I sat in my room one night and thought to myself, "what am I waiting for?". I was 19 and didn't listent to anyone or anything, I was the smartest man in the world in my eyes. Man was I am idiot. I then sat in a friends house in college in the middle of the day, in between classes, and listened to the roommates talk to each other about getting the mail. "I should go get the mail" they said over and over again. As they continued I thought back to that night and just got up and got the mail for them.

The purpose of this little memory is to convey that we all have our hesitations and most of us never actually do what we want to. This is because we don't put in the work to make it happen. Nothing magically appears, it is earned, even from yourself. If you break it down the way it should be done you will find that we are all products of our own habits and those habits are made daily. If you are in good shape, its because you chip away at it and grind it out. If you are smart, its because you study and pay attention. Work ethic is nothing different, you have to start by grinding. The next time you find yourself thinking about having to do something, just shut your eyes and run right at it. When you find yourself saying, I need to take out the garbage, just get up and do it--over and over again. I would bet your life increases in meaning over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment