Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Goal Attainment


From; Grant W Davis

Many people talk about goal setting workshops. Which is great fun, and very motivational. As for me I'm into goal attainment.


Think about it for a second....
G
oal setting vs. Goal attainment.

One gets you pumped up, and blue sky motivated, but only Goal Attainment gets you what you want
!


I know it is the journey not the destination that matters.
Sometimes I agree with that. But if your goal is to eat today, or earn enough to pay the bills, or some other pressing need. Then the journey isn’t very fun anyway, so let’s skip it, and just achieve our goals! Then go on vaction!

That all said, I have kept journals since the mid 1980’s when I first read think and grow rich. And I seem to arrive at my goal, with a new one already in place. So the journey is important. Part of my journey today is setting up this website, not knowing if anyone will ever care to take a look at it.



The basis of what we will be doing in the members section.


I start from the simple premise that every good thing comes from God. I also have noticed that different people have different goals. This convinces me further that our goals, (dreams) come from God to each of us based on gifts he has already given us. By this I mean as we look deep inside and ask ourselves what do we really want out of life, and start to write it down, I believe my goals are different than yours because my life, and the gifts God has given me are also different than yours.

For me faith in my goals has been a key ingredient. My faith has been strengthened by the knowledge that your goals, (dreams) are different than mine. The things I want, and dream about are not the same as the dreams you have for your life. I believe this is because each of us have our talents, and purpose in life, which is very distinct for each of us. Again this is a key part of goal attainment. Being sure that our dreams are unique for each of us, and that as we are given the dreams and goals, we are also given the ability to achieve them.

Next I believe that my thoughts are as real as my hand, or foot, or any other physical thing. My thoughts I consider spiritual as compared to physical things.

Goal attainment is then for me the process of taking my thoughts, dreams, goals, desires from a spiritual place into this physical world.
A few rules I have discovered:

Faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain.
No one said you wouldn't have to pick up a shovel!

•Must be for a good purpose

•We can turn the soil, plant the seeds,
water, fertilize, and weed the garden, but only God can make a seed grow
!


In the members section a large section will be devoted to setting, and attaining goals.


IMAG009.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment